Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Cleanse: Juicing Time Recipes

Roots & Fruits Juice

Get your spring cleansing on. Thanks to my friend Jeanne, I have unearthed my beloved Champion Juicer, and I am enjoying the yummy rewards. One week before my half marathon race I started coughing and was desperate to get better. Jeanne suggested that I make a green drink with garlic and drink it instead of eating a meal, to get well sooner. I did just that: for 3 days I replaced one meal with a large green drink (with garlic) and I was just fine by race time. My cough didn't turn into anything bigger either, as it often does. So here are a couple of recipes to inspire you to get all your vegetables this spring, without even making a salad! Although you will need a juicer, and it is well worth purchasing a good one. Checkout: http://www.championjuicer.com/models.html

Get Well Green Drink:
Wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly, cut off yucky parts. If you are trying to get well or keep from getting sick, try replace a meal with this drink. It feels great!

3 carrots
1 beet
1 apple
3-4 kale leaves (large) or the equivalent in spinach or beet greens
2 stalks of celery
1 tomato (optional)
1-2 cloves of garlic
1-2 TBS fresh lemon juice (add before drinking)

Roots & Fruits Juice: a tasty treat kids will even enjoy. It has a sweet and satisfying flavor.
3 carrots
1 large beet
1-2 apples (depending on size)
1-2 tsp fresh ginger root (optional) add for a bit of spice, a pick-up, and for better digestion and/or nausea

No comments: