Friday, April 3, 2009

Mudslides in Clinton Caused by Busted Beaver Dam & Rain, Rain, Rain

What a slide! I was checking out pictures and a slide show (ha, ha) on Kiro News: http://www.kirotv.com/weather/19086195/detail.html#SLANTLY_commentformheight::254
The damage is surprisingly big and the road was just washed away in one section. I tend to think of roads as indestructible, but when the earth beneath them moves-- by any number or nature's forces-- they're gone!

Just last night Luc said to me that it was raining so hard that there would be flooding. No, not here I responded. Oops. I forgot about those darn beaver dams.

By the way, the slide occurred on a residential street, Glendale Road. See a map here

1 comment:

Linda Kincaid said...

Isn't that strange how you see footage like that and you never really can connect to it, but when you look at those videos and have memories attached to it how different it feels! Wow! Glendale is one of my favorite road on the Island!