Friday, April 3, 2009

First Anniversary of my BLOG! ~~~It has been 1 Year~~~


It has been one year (and a day!) since I started a blog, with the hope of keeping record of some of my recipes & endeavors. I kept hearing about blogs and some of my friends had been blogging for a while. A lot has changed since I began! Stella was just 3 months old and perhaps I wanted something to show for all the work I had been doing, plus I have always loved writing, photography, food, and my lovely little island community. So here is the first blog post I did:

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sweet Artichoke Chicken Soup

For a sweetness that lingers in your mouth, try this recipe. It is nourishing and delicious!

4small artichokes
4 quarts of chicken stock (make by boiling 1-2 leftover whole chickens for 3-6 hours on low, strain out bones
2 cups soaked lentils
1 onion diced
2 small zucchinis, sliced small
4 carrots cut small
4 stalks celery cut small
4 or more cloves garlic (press through a garlic press of dice small)
several handfuls of diced kale
salt to taste
Add artichokes and lentils to lightly boiling chicken soup stock. In 10 minutes add carrots, celery, onion. When the artichokes are soft enough to easily stick a fork through the base, take them out and serve on the side. When carrots are softened add zucchinis and garlic. In five minutes add diced kale and salt to taste.
Artichokes are excellent with this dipping sauce:
1/4 cup vegetable oil mayonaise
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari or braggs liquid aminos

Serve soup with with polenta, feta, and a green salad.

No comments: