Thursday, April 10, 2008

Garlic Halibut Saute with Steamed Broccoli

You will need:
a halibut steak of any size
4-5 garlic cloves
Soy Sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari
2-3 TBS olive oil
1-2 heads of broccoli

Add olive oil to (preferably) a cast iron pan on medium heat. Add Halibut steak to the pan, skin side down. Put garlic cloves through a garlic press or chop finely. Add all the garlic to the top of the halibut. After a couple of minutes add 3-6 TBS soy sauce to the pan. Leave a lid over the halibut so the steam can keep the fish moist as it cooks. Turn halibut over when there is only a few minutes of cooking remaining and add broccoli. I use my cooking intuition to know when the fish is done. You may choose to check it periodically to determine you desired level of "done." I prefer that the broccoli is lightly cooked and still crunchy. I just cooked this dish yesterday and I overcooked the broccoli so that it was very soft, and it was really quite delicious, as it took on the flavor of the fish, soy sauce, and garlic. So I'm sure you will enjoy this meal either way!

I serve this fish with any of the following:
Polenta, green salad, or coconut rice; the latter of which is particularly good (see my postings for recipe).

No comments: