Sunday, June 28, 2009

Secret to Living to 96 years old and longer. . .

Grandpa Vernon receiving a Father's Day present June '09 with Marina (4 yo)

Alright, I am not going to tell you the secret, yet. I have to discover it, which I plan to do today. I will be sure to share with you my very secret and exciting findings. How? You ask. My grandpa Vernon turns 96 today (well really yesterday, but the party is today) and I am going to do us all a favor and ask him a few questions.

96 years of life is certainly something to celebrate. Here are a few things about Vernon: he lives on his own (alone), goes out to dinner at his favorite restaurant most of the week, is clear and quick mentally, has a keen sense of humor, doesn't eat his greens, walks a bit, and drives.

Perhaps living to a ripe 100+ doesn't need to be so uncommon? I plan to ask him some interview questions today at his 96th birthday celebration, and get some pictures of him and the littlest family members-- baby Ida (10 days old) and baby Stella (1 1/2 years). So until then, the mystery resumes . . . what is his secret to healthy longevity? It just might not be so hard to accomplish after all . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So... did you discover the secret?
-Rachelle