Friday, February 20, 2009

The Whidbey Island Half Marathon: First of ? Many?

Half and Full Marathon, March 29th, 2009

I have really taken to running longer distances--- I LOVE IT----, and lately my motivator has been the Whidbey Island half marathon (13.1 miles). Back in September when the idea began to trickle into my consciousness, it was like a faraway, almost unattainable vision. Now, the race is just a little over a month away and that trickle of an idea is a river, a fast moving one. I am in awe of the process and the ability of my body to adjust to the longer distances. Four miles turned into six and six turned into nine. After doing 12 miles on a lazy Sunday morning, I am plotting a 18 miler, that I have always thought was too long to do on foot. I've done it on bicycle, back in High School, and at the time it seemed so grueling and long! The world really begins to shrink as you grow older! This applies to distances, in my case.

Checkout the Whidbey Island Half marathon (also the full-length marathon) at:
http://www.whidbeyislandmarathon.com/home.cfm

No comments: