Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring Ingredients: spring is almost here, or perhaps it is, the signs are everywhere!

SPRING! The hyacinth promise to us
Sun sets through the garden gate . . . spending time in the garden, that's a spring thing too

wood chips for the paths
,overwintering leeks all in a row

last year's artichokes

funny picture of Stella, with dirt on her face (she was trying to eat an old artichoke (see below pics)
old broccoli stems, they are thick and last all year!
red onion from last year, it is smaller than it looks
the red onions are sprouting

ah, this is the picture I was talking about, "hmm, this looks tasty . . ."

"I think I'll try it"

"this tastes a little old"
Finding artichoke heads

Above: my favorite kale to eat. This kale overwintered and looks a bit tough, and small
garden beds and paths, all weeded thanks to nana
bamboo wind chimes
autumn leaves amid new grass
lupine seed pods
raspberries with all the potential to please lots and lots of kids this year. I have a very large portion of the garden set out for raspberries, something like 5 rows of 35 feet by 40 feet. They are my favorite
old bee hive boxes
sunshine, now that's an important "spring ingredient"
I am not the only one looking forward to more trampoline time this summer . . .
leaping barefoot!
these just smell soooo heavenly!
spring ingredient: hyacinths, primroses, you know the ones in front of the stores blooming this time of year
this is a hyacinth from last year I planted in the garden
and my beloved dandelions --- no kidding I love them. Give me a lawn full of them and I will be happy. I originally named my blog (almost a year ago) "Dandelion Cooking" but . . .
the buds are waiting, waiting
last years primroses, coming back
self portrait, "Am I framed in the pic?" I look a bit questioning

ohhh, tulips...what amazing flowers, they seem too pretty sometimes, like other-worldly

No comments: