Friday, February 6, 2009

Salmon and Edamame Seaweed Salad for a Healthy Breakfast

This is like heaven (to me!). I just love a seaweed salad. Here I added fried and salted edamame beans, pan-fried salmon burger, and roasted red peppers.
Edamame Beans Prep:
On medium heat fry the edamame beans in olive oil for about 5 minutes, they can be browned on a side or two. I use frozen shelled edamame beans.

Seaweed Salad Mix:
I use "Soken" seaweed salad mix. It is a mixture of dried green, white, and purple seaweed. You soak it in cool water for 5-10minutes. If you live on Whidbey Island, you can find this mix at Star Store Langley by the instant soups and nori seaweed (sushi wraps).

Roasted Red Peppers: I used the canned ones, rinse and chop to desired size.

Salmon patties/Burgers: I get a package of 5 patties from Trader Joes. They are in the frozen section and you can cook one at a time, which is quite convenient. Prepare pan on stove top with olive oil on medium heat add salmon patty, cover and cook until done.

Place seaweed on plate or in bowl and salmon patty on top of that then add beans and peppers, a dash of tamari/soy sauce/Braggs and you're set!

The girls play on the couch with blankets and toys before breakfast (in their nighties)

No comments: