Saturday, January 10, 2009

Indoor Pets: Bee hive inside? Or an Ant Farm? Some homeschooling options

Just yesterday I was in line in the only kids toy store on the island, Linds, watching my present get wrapped and the next woman in line was buying an ant farm in a box (you send out for the ants). What an interesting idea. I mentioned that there are indoor bee hives you can get online too. Hmm, that sounds like an oxymoron. You make a tube to the outside that the bees can go in and out of. The hive is glass and you can see the bees making honey, laying eggs, storing pollen, and emerging from their eggs. They cannot get out into your house. Pretty interesting even for someone who isn't too interested in bees. This women was allergic, so not such a good option for her, albeit pretty safe considering the way the hive is set up. Got me thinking about getting one myself.
I wasn't even buying a present for my daughter who turned 1 year old today, I already did that. Actually I was buying a present for a little friend who is having a birthday party tomorrow. I also had to stock up on some birthday party supplies of my own. I think I'll look into that bee hive thing. A good homeschooling project.

No comments: