Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pork Chops Marinated in Beer with Garlic and Fennel

This was a really easy meal. I made it for my dad for a Father's Day celebration meal with baked potatoes, a fresh garden salad, and a blueberry-raspberry-peach crumble pie, per his request.  It would have been good with polenta as well. I realize writing this recipe that I never put pork recipes on this site!  Up until now.  I just don't really think about buying pork.  I also realize that I don't cook with beef much either.  I enjoy both types of meat, I just happen to mostly eat chicken, fish or vegetarian. 

Pork Chops Marinated in Beer with Garlic and Fennel
serves 4 people

1 beer
4 pork chops
handful of diced fresh fennel
4-6 garlic cloves, diced/pressed
pepper

Place the pork chops in a baking dish, cover with beer, exposing just the surface of the meat.  Place garlic on top of the meat and then fennel.  Add some pepper.  You can marinate for several hours, or if you are pressed for time like I was, you can put it right in the oven.  Cook in preheated 350 F.  If you marinate for a longer duration, which I recommend, place pork chops and marinade in a plastic bag and refigerate for 4-24 hours.

~~~Enjoy~~~

No comments: