Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mukilteo Ferry Dock Holds Twice the Cars: what a nice surprise

Clinton-Mukilteo Ferry, with Whidbey Island in the background (headed for Clinton)

What a pleasure it was to wait for the ferry last Thursday. I got in the ferry line at 4 PM just before Memorial Day Weekend and much to my surprise there was no line up the hill. As I reached the toll booths I realized why: the dock has been expanded to approximately twice its original size. On the far right side of the dock there had been a convenience store and restaurant that was demolished to make room for the expanded dock.

It was really nice to be able to park my car on the loading dock, get an ice cream with the girls AND take a nice walk to the water to watch the ferry come in. Usually when we get stuck in ferry lines we are parked up the hill and have to sit ready to go at any moment in case the line begins to move. With young children this kind of waiting is a horrible kind of car seat torture. They can't understand why you aren't taking them out of their car seat.

So enjoy the new relaxed waiting for the ferry and get yourself an ice cream while you're at it!Ferry headed for Mukilteo, I'm watching it from teh beach by the lighthouse. There is also a playground and a park and ride

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for letting us know. I was just in the ferry lane... and didn't even notice! I am not very observant. In my defense, I was waiting for the 1am ferry.

Becc.a said...

oh i know isn't it nice Candice!! to be able to get out and move around and yes get ice cream!!! :)