Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Freshly Picked From the Garden: Cool Loving Vegi & Rice Noodle Stir Fry


I have been using as much of the bounty from my garden as possible. Here I am including lots of spinach, a walla walla onion, and radishes in a stir fry with rice noodles, sardines, and feta cheese. I enjoyed that this meal was easy and quick to make, especially while I was taking care of my two children and other things (like 12 puppies)!

Here's what you need:

1 box of medium thickness rice noodles, precook and set aside to add to stir fry
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 walla walla onion, chopped
4 radishes, quarter
1 carrot, chopped in rounds or grated for color
1 tin of sardines in olive oil
sprinkling of feta for everyone's dish of noodles
tamari/soy sauce to taste
After you have prepared the vegetables and rice noodles, heat up a pan on medium, add 1-2 TBS olive oil and simmer all the vegetables until lightly/medium done, add rice noodles and 2 TBS tamari/soy sauce and cook until noodles are warm. Divide between bowls, place sardines on top of noodles and sprinkle top with feta and more tamari if needed.

No comments: