Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Music for Deeper Relaxation


 Barb's New CD
I recently purchased a new CD for my massage practice from Barb Nichols.  The CD is entitled, "Sound Journey: Deep in the Cave."  The music transports the listener into deeper and deeper relaxation with the aid of nature sounds, Tibetan singing bowls, and other musical instruments.  I first listened to the CD in my home where my children, 4 years old and 2 years old, intently listened to it while playing imaginary animal games.  They later requested I play it again.  I now use the CD to promote calm play between my kids.

My massage studio is very nature-based in color schemes, with live plants and even a little fish pond.  "Into the Cave" easily connected my massage studio with my massage work.  As a practitioner, I found it easy to get into a rhythm, finding a strong sense of healing, relaxation, and connection in the music.  The music is subtle enough to become part of the massage studio and hence a part of the healing work.  I would highly recommend the CD to health practitioners who want to use the power of nature and instruments in their work.  After having received massage with this CD playing, many of my clients have requested this CD again for their session. 

I personally love hearing the little frogs singing, the hoot of the owl, a flowing stream and the calming sounds of the Tibetan Singing bowls.  The CD takes the listener from deep within a cave, complete with dripping sounds, to a stream, giving the feeling of "emerging".

To learn more about purchasing Barb's CD visit her website here:
Sound Journey: Deep in the Cave

For more information about Barb's Sound Massage studio and services, visit her website:
Whidbey Sound Massage

No comments: