Sunday, January 3, 2010

Double Cream Cheese Frosting


Double Cream Cheese Frosting (for carrot cake):

This frosting is a must with carrot cake, also good on other cakes.  I have experimented with the below listed ingredients to get the perfect combination of flavors.  I like a cream cheese frosting that is slightly more cream cheese taste than sugar.  Frosts three 9-inch cakes lightly or 2 heavily.



2- 8 oz cream cheese, preferably organic, at room temp

5 TBS butter, room temp
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 TBS vanilla


Blend all ingredients in mixer unitl smooth.  Frostins should be stiff enough to frost cake immediately.  Will harden nicely in fridge.   

1 comment:

whidbey woman said...

This is how my mother taught me to make cream cheese frosting for carrot cake. My favorite!
You got my mouth watering....