Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Busy Baker




Happy Thanksgiving my dear readers, for you I give thanks!

I made this cheesecake today for my family's Thanksgiving feast.  I substituted the Blueberry Topping for Blackberry Topping, as I have many gallon freezer bags of blackberries saved up form the summer bounty here on Whidbey Island.

I am also in charge of a vegetable dish for T-giving, so I chose to make a variation on a beet, feta, pecan salad, by adding Brussels sprouts, which I LOVE, but which Luc pointed out will combine with the rest of the salad to make a disgusting combination for many people. 

I actually got a good laugh out of that because he is right!  Nonetheless, I think when I add the luscious sheep feta and fresh pecans it will be a special treat.  For me anyway!  I cooked the beets in a clay pot for several hours with some water, and added the Brussels sprouts at the end, for long enough to cook them thoroughly, about 45 min to1 hour. 

No comments: