Monday, August 3, 2009

Raspberry pancakes anyone?

The kids really like raspberry pancakes, more than blueberry pancakes. Is it because they are pink? Or is it that fresh-just-picked-from-the-garden flavor? I know they like a little honey on top. How can I resist making them pancakes when they eat them all up and beg for more? I add an extra egg and use olive oil in the batter to make them a little more healthy. We really like the Trader Joe's gluten free pancake mix. I add extra water to make the pancakes really thin on the pan, which the girls love. With more water they become more like crepes. Yum.

1 comment:

Whdibey Woman said...

Yummy! Whidbey has such wonderful berries. I wrote about them earlier on my blog. I wanted to make it to the Loganberry Festival but that didn't happen this year!
I've never been to Trader Joe's but that's on my must do list!