Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Booby Chair


Let me note that this is not my real booby chair, just my dream booby chair from http://freshome.com/tag/chair/page/2/

We have stacks of books on all the tables around my favorite nursing chair. We call it the booby chair. Stella knows to stand by it and yell for me, and I will know just what she wants. I really need to go through those books. Read the books. Return the library books. Recycle the newspapers. Donate the magazines. Shelf my personal books and the kids books. I am being more than a bit ambitious to have so many books next to the booby chair. It's not like Stella is an infant, attached to the boob like a alternate umbilical cord. But. . . those boobies are really my only excuse to sit down, with the kids around, and read my books. I could read on their Nanny Day, but . . . pretty unlikely considering my 'to do' listssss (meaning plural, really plural).

Here is a sample of my reading material

Juicing! yum
Jeanne Rose's Kitchen Cosmetics too much work but interesting stuff
Taking Charge of Your Fertility good idea
Positive Disciple another good idea
Outside Magazine Dec 08 yeah, Michael Phelps
The Passion of the Hausfrau funny and depressing all at the same time
Island County Fair premium List "How to enter the fair list" gotta get my act together!
Bon Appetit Apr 09 more yum
Home Education May/June 09 not ready to think about school, yet
Home Education Jan/Feb 09 ditto
Hobby farms May/Jun 09 wild food foraging could be a good way to save?
Bon Appetit May 09 pasta, yum
Bon Appetit Mar 09 why am I torturing myself? I don't have time for these recipes! Ah, yes... inspiration
No One Cares What You Had for Lunch 100 ideas for your blog see I'm trying... in my case it could say, "No one cares what your kids did today," ha ha.
Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs magic is good
Elemental Shaman hmm, lots of writing, haven't gotten to this one yet either
Life After Death, Deepak Chopra always an interesting topic to me
Outside Magazine Nov 09 nice muscular body and fresh fruits on the cover--good combo!

No comments: