Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kiwi Matcha Lime Tea Cake by Cooking with Amy


Kiwi Matcha Lime Tea Cake from the blog: Cooking with Amy

The above recipe (click on the link) looks amazing. I may have to try it. I actually try to avoid recipes that require me to go to the store and purchase all the ingredients. I like to make my meals with ingredients from my garden and from what I have on hand or just happened to pick up from the grocery store that day. This recipe includes matcha (powdered green tea), Kiwi fruit, and the zest of a lime--all green--to make tea cake/bread.

Amy describes the recipe on her blog site cookingwithamy.blogspot.com as:

If you have too much kiwi and it starts to get soft, use it in this pretty green cake. It's a quick bread in the style of banana bread. It's tangy and moist, not too sweet, and great with a cup of tea. The matcha and lime just complement the kiwi but are not dominant flavors. You could leave out the matcha if you want, but if you are interested in finding ways to use matcha in baking, this is a good one. ----cookingwithamy.blogspot.com

No comments: