Monday, July 20, 2009

The Farm in July: A Photo Journey


Above: some type of pond weed. It is soft and very pretty







Ground Blackberries are ripe already! A yummy treat





Luc's classic truck

The sunflowers just began flowering!

Above: A young sunflower

Above: the yellow flowering stalk originally looked like Lamb's Ear to me, but turned out to be Mullein, which I am equally pleased about. Mullein has many medicinal qualities.

The bees (and my kids!) love the hollyhocks

Artichokes make stunning plantings for gardens. Try planting them near your house for pretty and large-scale green color, and pairing them with flowers.

The path to our front porch. We had a lot of big beautiful sunflowers come up all over the garden and make a fun walkway.

Above & below: self-portraits "on a walk"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These photos are gorgeous, Candice! I'm going to have to get a copy of them from you. By the way, I don't know if I've told you, but I really like your hairstyle right now.
-Rachelle