Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving might be . . .

one of the better holidays if you don't have to host the dinner. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for mad chaotic cooking with family around, I'd just rather focus on one or two dishes and sit around while the host and his or her helpers rush around. Peace amid chaos, that'll be me. I hope. For Thanksgiving we'll be going to my parent's place. Marina and I already made two chocolate cheesecakes, and the morning of I will prepare the Cauliflower and Broccoli Flan with Spinach Bechamel. I like a good excuse to try a new recipe and a "cooking" holiday offers just that. There were plenty of interesting recipes on epicurious.com. I began with the idea of a broccoli casserole and it sort of morphed into this Italian dish. There is also something about the overwhelming focus on food that inspires exercise . . . so I plan to fit a run into my schedule early in the morning. Happy Obsessive Eating Day, and hopefully you all will get some thanks-giving in while you're stuffing your faces!

No comments: