Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hot Stone Massage on Whidbey Island at Greenhouse Massage Studio

I went rock hunting last Monday to add to my growing collection of stones to use for massage. I just attended a workshop in Port Townsend for "Hot Stone Massage" by Christine Schoper. It was very inspiring. This particular way of massaging the body allows the client to settle into a deep relaxation. I can use the stones to warm or cool the body by placing them on various points. I can also use the stones with oil and massage as I would with my hands. It is quite an amazing feeling to recieve a hot stone massage. I am definately going to incorporate hot stones into my practice, along with Chinese and Japanese massage modalities, intuitive, and energy-based bodywork.

Some of the many stones I got to choose from at Fort Casey State Park


Stella (10mons) and Marina (3.5 yrs) enjoyed scouting for rocks too. Marina found the largest rocks of all of us :)


The deer love the big field at the park and we found some really friendly ones: two mamas, each with one big baby deer. Marina walked up pretty close to them before they decided that they were done checking us out.


And more stones! There were so many!

No comments: