Friday, April 9, 2010

Buffalo and Rice Stir Fry with Fresh Artichokes

This is my favorite food.  Favorite food of all time.  Artichokes.  I usually cook them by boiling them for 30-45 minutes.  Use a fork to poke into stem to check if they are finished cooking.  They should feel soft, but firm.  I serve them with a white sauce that my mother always used: mix a high quality mayo with soy sauce to your liking, dip artichoke hearts in sauce and enjoy.  You can also make an olive oil-lemon-honey sauce that is lovely.
Mayo sauce: mayo + soy sauce.  Is great paired with salmon and rice as well.
Buffalo and rice stir fry.  I made it with ground buffalo.  Use a tablespoon of butter in preheated cast iron pan on medium heat, add buffalo and stir, breaking up the meat. Cover with lid and let cook for several minutes.  Stir and when the meat is almost done add cooked rice (I had rice as a leftover).  Stir thoroughly and cover with lid for several minutes or until well heated.  Serve with artichokes.  
Earlier in the day the girls had a "face-painting session" without my help
Or should I say body painting session? 

No comments: