Sunday, April 18, 2010

Breakfast in Photos

Green Egg Salad, my favorite breakfast, above.  Pictured are fresh farm eggs on this spring's lettuce from Bur Oak Acres (located on Andreason Road off of Bayview Road, Langley).  I make my own salad dressing with olive oil, seasoned rice vinegar, and honey. I use equal amounts of olive oil and rice vinegar then add a dash of honey, to my taste preference.  The eggs were soft boiled.  in order to leave the yellows  soft like jelly.  Look at the orange color!  They are full of good stuff!  I bring a pot of water to a boil then add the eggs.  Start the timer right after you add the eggs and cook for 7-8 minutes depending on the size of the eggs.  If they are bigger cook them for closer to 8 minutes.  Peel soon after taking taking them out of the water to avoid overcooking them..   
Purple Pancakes: I used Trader Joe's gluten free pancake mix with frozen blackberries we picked from last year, canola oil, and water.  My little Stella helped stir the mix, which made for very well stirred berry pancakes.  Hence the lovely purple pancake mix.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

That salad looks fabulous. i was just trying to come up with an idea of what to make my boyfriend in addition to a quinoa salad, and I think I am going to have to do something like this! Gorgeous! we get our eggs from a little farm in Woodinville and I wouldn't have it any other way. unless I had my own chickens of course ;-)