Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Countdown!

Just 3 days until the race!  This will be the longest race of my life, so far, anyway.  Sounds pretty hardcore, but really it's *just* 31 miles, or a 50K.  Sounds pretty long?  Add in 7,000 feet elevation gain and you have it.  I am really excited, and a bit intimidated.  Isn't that how it works for any *first*?  I am doing the Orcas Fat Ass 50K this Saturday, February 6th. Visit the website here.  Wish me luck!  And, by the way, I am wearing the Nike Free 3.0's for the race.  Nike's first "barefooting" shoe.  If you want to experience barefoot running with shoes, the 3.0 is the closest you will get with Nike shoes.  The 5.0 and 7.0 Nike Free are much stiffer and thicker soled shoes.  I can't really recommend them, but I LOVE the 3.0!!  I also want to try the Vibram Five Fingers.  A very cool, innovative idea. 

XOXO
Nike Fre 3.0, above

No comments: