Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Magical Fairy Home Mushrooms


Red Fairy Home mushie #1
 I began noticing that there were many different and interesting mushrooms coming up on the farm in November, so the girls and I went on a walk and photographed all of the ones we could find.  I do not know what types of mushrooms they are, so if you do, let me know!  The mushroom pictured above was one of my favorites.  It was an orange-red with white dots on it, straight out of a fairy storybook, hence its name.  There is another even redder version of the same mushroom taken below.  I made up my own names for them and numbered them.
 
Pinecone Umbrella mushies #2

 
Icicle mushie #3

 
 Primrose mushie #4
 
More Primrose mushies above and below
 
 
Red Fairy Home mushie #4  (above) another of my favorites!
 
Yellow Fairy Home mushie #5 (above)

 
Baby Fairy Cap mushies #6 These were very small and growing in some vibrant green moss

 
Yellow Fairy Home mushie, also pictured above

 
Pine Cone Umbrella mushie #7 (above)

 
   Marina frames a mushroom for the camera
 
  Above: the girls explore a large Red Fairy Home mushie
 
Sponge mushie #8

 
 Frisbee Treeclimber mushie #9

2 comments:

Dan said...

Some of those shrooms are pretty poisonous. I'm not a fan of unnecessary fungophobia, but the red fairy home and the yellow fairy home are both varieties of Amanita muscaria, which is a hallucinogenic/poisonous mushroom.

icicle mushroom is a white-crested coral, or a similar species.

pine cone umbrella mushie #7 is a slippery jack (Suillus sp.).

nice creative names. I look forward to more.

Candice said...

Cool--- thanks for the info! The Fairy Home mushrooms do look poisonous don't they? Good to know, thanks for the real names.