Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Garden in Autumn


 
Strangely, the raspberries are flowering again this year. I have never seen this before.  Also my rhodies are flowering to!!? Any explanation?
 
Our new blueberry patch has 12 new blueberry plants in it.  We grazed all summer on them.
 
bird bath
 
 
dahlias, fiery.  The only type I have.  
 
 
tomatoes have had a great year
 
  
 
dino kale + olive oil + pine nuts + sautee = one  of  my favorite spring and fall meals!
 
the artichokes are giving us a second harvest, gotta love the pacific northwest, wow!
 
sunflowers in October make great bird feeders
 
beets cuddling
 
yellow chard-- I'm a big fan of color!
 
wherever they go, the kids leave their mark!
 
parsley loves this cool weather and is thriving
 
above: ten tomato plants, on their last legs.  But lots of green toms!

No comments: